Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012

Happy 2012! I can't believe 5 full days have passed! I've felt so much anticipation for 2012 (since I knew it was going to be awesome) when all of a sudden... I caught a bug. How can all these exciting things around the world happen around me when I've just lost my voice and physical energy!

Feeling lost before I could even go anywhere, I started to think about what makes me feel alive, so as not to pass another minute thinking I'm doing something as mundane as "getting better".

I <3 Wine! (Did anybody not know that already?) Did you know that I <3 everything about wine? Everything from the taste, aromas, and feel, the gorgeous red or sparkling tones, to learning the history of wine, where different grapes originated, how wine has evolved, terroir, and everyone's favourite wine memories!

Something else I enjoy doing is to write. I like to think, to express, and to tell stories, hopefully ones that make you smile or make your life better or more insightful in some way.

so I've come to the conclusion, that part of the reason why this bug latched onto me was to make me come back to my wine blog!



Speaking of favourite wine memories, my latest is New Year's Eve 2011! I was in Vancouver celebrating with my family. My bro and I had given a very special bottle of wine to our Dad for Christmas, Pahlmeyer's Priorietary Red 2007. Yummm! Pahlmeyer has always been a favourite of mine, and this one is especially highly rated by the judges. 2007 was known to be a phenomenal year for Napa reds for the ideal growing conditions that year presented.

Fast forward to December 31st, 2011, my bro, bf and I had just finished yoga class with one of my favourite teachers. The theme of her class was to open up to what may be - every moment is new, every minute and every day is new, to open to what may come. At 6pm, we got to my dad's place and opened - the wine to decant. An hour later, we began our meal, and the wine had opened beautifully with everything!

My dad's au naturale grilled grass-fed ribeye steaks and homemade morel mushroom sauce went perfectly with the Proprietary Red that opened up to rich dark berries, cassis, and cocoa notes. "Cheers!" we happily clinked our glasses.

Our evening progressed to a buttery finish as we shared some Walkers biscuits and the famous Vancouver Notte's Bon Ton cake, that melted in our mouths for a sweet finish to 2011.

On second thought, this moment is perfect. I may be under the weather right now (and only temporarily so), but my 2012 is full, as my heart is open (as it will always be).

No comments: