Monday, January 9, 2012

Malbec on Marvelous Monday!

Mah-velous! That's my new word for Mondays. Marvelous Monday! with exclamation mark to be precise, the fresh start of a week when we set our intentions for whatever we want to make happen during the week. Yes, it may be hard to wake up a bit earlier than on a Saturday/Sunday, and go through traffic (if you live in California), and perhaps face that boss or client of yours. At the same time, it's rewarding to dive into projects, refreshed from the weekend, and set the tone and dream big - what can I make happen today? What can I make happen this week? What do I want to create for next weekend?

This Marvelous Monday! I was inspired in my lil'finance role within a large silicon valley organization to connect everyone in the world through technology... and wine and food...

My bf and I landed this evening at Evvia, our favourite go-to spot, where we ordered their must have lamb, grilled artichoke skewers, and grilled whole branzino. For wine, Chris had a Spanish Temperanillo, Numanthaia Termes Toro 08, that was nicely structured, balanced, with dark fruit and warm spice tones. Since I've read so much about Malbecs lately, I opted for a glass. The wine label described it to be from the high altitudes of Argentina. For a young wine, it had a full expression of ripe plum, dried fig and tobacco. Very food friendly with our grilled dishes! Personally, I preferred the Temperanillo (Toro) (and so did Chris) for its deeper structure, but together, they were a palate adventure. This was a full Mah-velous Monday! with set intentions, delicious flavours, and happy spirits, all paving the way to the week ahead. Who knows what that may look like, we can just enjoy things the way they are!

No comments: